In 1965, the Social Security Act established both Medicare and Medicaid. In 2001, HCFA was renamed the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). Medicare encompasses a growing sector of our population. Baby boomers are aging and are beginning to enter the Medicare market. Meanwhile, Medicare’s rules and regulations become more stringent, causing doctors to shy away from Medicare. Medicare policy states, “The provider is responsible to know the rules and regulations that apply to all services he/she bills to the Medicare program.”
Dr. Mario Fucinari has been presenting Medicare Classes for over six years and is a nationwide speaker on Medicare, Clinical Documentation and HIPAA. Dr. Fucinari also serves as the Illinois Chiropractic Society’s Medicare Committee chairman and as alternate Chiropractic representative to the Illinois Medicare Carrier Advisory Committee (CAC). In his back-to-the-basics approach, Mario whittles a difficult subject to an understandable, and interesting, comprehension of the Medicare requirements.
As an optional section in the demonstration project regions, Dr. Fucinari will add in materials pertaining to the requirements to participate in the Medicare demonstration project. The demonstration project has expanded coverage for the services that chiropractors provide for the care of neuromusculoskeletal conditions, including diagnostic and other services such as the provision of x-rays and therapy services. The demonstration project includes the entire states of Maine and New Mexico, in the Chicago Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) and 17 central counties in Virginia.
- Participating vs. Non-Participating Provider
- Steps to a Medicare Audit
- The Medicare Appeals Process
- “Unprocessable Claims”
- Initial Visit Documentation
- Subsequent Visit Documentation Requirements
- Coding Requirements for Medicare
- OIG Gifts and Inducements
- CMS-1500 Claim Form Requirements For Medicare
- How to Use the Coding Modifiers Properly
- What is Medicare Medical Necessity?
- Limiting Charge Guidelines
- What the new Medicare Prescription Drug Modernization and
- Improvement Act of 2003 means to YOU!
- Proper Use of the ABN Form