Florida Laws and Rules for the Practice of Chiropractic Course
This course will familiarize chiropractors pertaining to Florida statutes, laws and rules governing the chiropractic profession. Whether you are just getting into practice or have been in practice for 40 years, this course will discuss the Florida Rules and Regulations and show their practical application to every day practice. We will discuss key areas of the Florida Chiropractic Practice Act and its requirements.
What you will learn
- How the laws and rules apply to the Chiropractic practice
- What notices must be posted in the office and in advertising
- How the Federal laws relate to the Florida requirements
- General Information
- Florida Board of Chiropractic Medicine
- Chapter 460 Chiropractic Medicine Practice Act and Regulation
- Intention of the Act
- Grounds for Disciplinary Action
- Sexual Misconduct
- Chapter 456
- Disqualification for license, certificate or registration
- Required Content of Medical Records
- Accounting of Patient Medical Records Retention
- Florida Patient Self-Referral Act
- Florida Anti-Kickback Act
- Florida Brokering Act
- Florida Requirements Section 1557 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
- Notice of Non-Discrimination
- The Statement of Non-Discrimination
- The Compliance Manual
- Most Frequently Violated Laws and Rules
- Inadequate Records
- Financial Exploitation of Patients
- Professional Boundaries
Contact Dr. Fucinari to schedule speaking engagements or view upcoming courses to register to attend a course with Dr. Fucinari.
Dr. Mario Fucinari has helped train doctors and staff over the last 20 years. He received his bachelor’s degree from Wayne State University in Detroit and his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1986. Dr. Fucinari was the recipient of the 1998 and the 2003 President’s Award from the Illinois Chiropractic Society (ICS) for his work with education and training and most recently received the 2012 Chiropractor of the Year award from the ICS.
Dr. Fucinari has produced classes and publications on HIPAA, Clinical Documentation, Medicare, and Stroke and Cervical Manipulation. He is a worldwide speaker for NCMIC and several state associations and a Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician [CCSP].